Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!

Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!




Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Five!


Another week has passed.  Actually a couple of weeks have passed since my last Friday Five, so my Friday Five will encompass the past 2 weeks.

1. Began studying for Missouri State Insurance Producer's License Exam.  Phew-that's a mouthful.  I've been reading and taking the practice tests and scoring at or above 75%.  I think I only need 70% to pass the whole exam.  So for only reading the chapter once & taking the test I am doing pretty darn good.

2. Managed to stay completely healthy as Craig fought his cold.  I never got it.  Thank God for anti-bacterial gel and Vitamin C. 

3. Got my hair cut/chopped again.  I love it.  Pictures you ask?  Not until Sunday when I am out with my friends. 

4. Voted in the election on November 2.  I was disappointed with only 2 results. Just thankful to be in a country where I can vote and not have to worry about going to the polling place and wondering if I am going to be blown up.

5. Cried and cried til my heart couldn't take it anymore.  It's another month that has passed and we are still empty-armed.  I am thankful for my husband & a handful of friends who have carried me through the past week.  You know who you are and I love you.  You have stepped in when no one else would and let me cry my soul out and you didn't judge me & in fact-you cried with me & held me and gave me hugs.  I've really learned who my friends & support system are in the last couple of weeks-to you I say, God bless. 

1 comment:

I love to hear back from you. Your words help encourage me.