Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!

Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!




Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Reminscent Wednesdays-Brady Bunch Style

Welcome to another awesome edition of Reminiscent Wednesdays!!!

It's hard some days to decide what I am going to remember and blog about. There are so many fun things that have happened to me so it's hard to narrow down which one I would like to discuss.

So, today, I thought I would write about my Freshman year of College. Each year, our Chorale would do a fund raiser talent night. We each had to come up with acts we would like to be a part of and put them together and then perform them. Some were serious and some were not so serious and downright silly. I can't remember who actually came up with the idea, but someone said we should do a Brady Bunch skit. Seriously?

So, how does one do a Brady Bunch skit, let-alone look like them? First of all, we had to come up with the cast. Well, the people who were willing to do it weren't so blonde on the girls side. Yours truly, included. But, we decided we would play on that aspect. Once the remake family was in place we knew that we had to go shopping at the thrift stores for our awesome 70's clothing.  Talk about a riot.  We were laughing and crying as we shopped for polyester & plaid and loud & obnoxious clothing.  We found our outfits.  We even found a blue dress that looked like Alice's from the show for "our" Alice. 
 
Now-to plan the skit.  Of course, we had to have the opening number.  So, we bought blue posterboard and stood in our 3x3 square and it was funny.  When the part in the theme song said..."All of them had hair of gold, like their mother"...the guys popped out from behind their posterboard and yelled...NOT!  Because our Carol Brady had dark hair, too. 
 
I choreographed our lipsynched song of Sunshine Day.  It was funny trying to teach people who really didn't know how to bust a move...to in fact, bust a move.  I grew up going to a Public High School and went to dances and was a member of the Show Choir and was a cheerleader, so I knew how to move.  It's funny teaching people who were homeschooled and grew up in Christian schools how to count to the beat and move their feet. 
 
Anyway-it was a huge success.  Everyone laughed and talked about it for a long time.  Alice even passed out treats while we performed.   I'm attaching a picture of the Sunshine Day portion of the show.  I'm in the middle-it was my solo turn.  I was Cindy.  ha ha.
 
So, here is the pic:
 

Thank you Holly, Mike, Mike, Diane, Betsy, Jay, Hattie, and MeLinda---it's one of those memories I will NEVER forget.  (I don't think Dr. Urey would anytime either!)


1 comment:

  1. I'm really behind on my blog reading, so I'm just now getting to this one. :o) Good times! To think we barely knew each other then... I didn't remember Jay & Hattie being in the skit!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you. Your words help encourage me.