Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!

Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!




Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday Five



1. Made it through another work week.  Enough said.  I love my job, don't get me wrong.  I've just been hard to motivate this week.  We'll call it sleepiness and the definite change in the seasons.

2. Knitted 1.5 scarves.  It's a great stress reliever.  Keeps my hands busy instead of chewing off my finger nails.  I love knitting.  I should finish the other .5 one tonight. 

3.  Made 2 batches of Rice Krispie Treats.  Okay...so they were "mini" batches because Craig doesn't care for them.  I think he's just sick in the head for not liking them.  He did admit that the ones I made were pretty good because I make them extra marshmallow-y. 

4.  Got another birthday e-mail certificate!  This time to Carrabba's.  It's for $10 whole dollars off an entree.  Craig said we could go there next week.  YEAH!  I love their bread that they bring out for you to munch on before hand.  In fact, we ask for some to go almost every time and they always deliver.

5.  Got our renewal for the Kansas Speedway to get our tickets for next year.  THAT makes me happy!  Next year there will be TWO Sprint Cup Races at the track.  One is the first weekend in June and the other one will be my birthday weekend.  YEAH FOR US!

2 comments:

  1. WHO in their right mind doesn't care for Rice Krispies Treats!?!?!? Crazy man. Oh, and thanks for talking them TWICE this week. I've been trying to cut back on sugar, and NOW I'm going to have to go make a batch. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I am one of those weirdos who doesn't like Rice Krispies Treats. I know I know it's crazy, but I just don't like the consistency and the lack of chocolate...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you. Your words help encourage me.