Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!

Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!




Friday, October 22, 2010

Friday Five-Yes, I "borrowed" this theme

                                                                                


My good friend, Esther took this idea from another friend, Rachel and I liked it!  I had asked if I could steal it (or borrow if you prefer that terminology better) and was told to "Go for it!"

So, here are my 5 events or things or whatever that happened to me this past week.

1. I have been doing the chore of feeding our 8 dogs every night for the past week by myself since Craig has been out in the field harvesting until the cows come home.  Okay, our cows are already home, but Craig doesn't get in until the earliest time of 8 it seems right now.  It's been fun!  Last night-I let all of the dogs run around and we had a grand time. I think they are all in shock of how much attention they are getting.  I also get my work out in for the day by running and walking around with them. Who says dogs aren't therapy and who can resist a face like this?



2. Made the decision to get my Insurance Producer's License...again!  I had it once back in 2006 and it expired in 2008 right before I came back to work.  So, I will begin studying my pretty little head off and hopefully pass it in one shot!

3. Made mush.  Some of you know that this is a pretty common dish in our household.  But, this week, even more special as today would have been my Granny's 85th birthday.  She passed away this May.  She used to make the best mush.  When she was in the assisted living home and then the nursing home, she didn't get it anymore. I would make some right before we would come visit and she would even eat it cold-she told me I did a good job.  This is the last picture I have of us with Granny on Mother's Day and she was gone only 3 weeks later.



I also make some killer macaroni & cheese just like she did.  You bake it...that's the secret.  My oldest cousin and I used to have a contest to see who would eat the most when we were growing up.  The adults just prayed that there was some left when they came through the line!


4. Decided that I really love the new CBS Drama-Hawaii Five-O.  I barely remember the original, but we enjoy the new one a lot.  We just didn't need another show to make sure and DVR.  If you haven't watched it yet-you need to.  It's pretty intense and not cheesy!

5. Made it through another week.  Sometimes-the days just get too hard and the hours don't pass quickly enough.  Some days it's just a decision to choose to see the good in all the bad that is going on. It's tough to find the silver lining in the clouds.  But one thing we have decided-we aren't giving up.  I am just glad that we have a God who loves us and is walking beside us as we continue to wait for the answer to our prayer.

3 comments:

  1. I would love your mush recipe. Is it secret? I can totally relate to #5 right now albeit for a different reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is your mac n cheese recipe? Been thinking about you!! Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with #4...love the new Hawaii 5-0...especially because Daniel Dae Kim is on it...and Grace Park....loved both of them in Battlestar Galactica and Lost!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you. Your words help encourage me.