Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!
Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Reminiscent Wednesdays
Okay, so I thought I would try to come up with something to blog about on Wednesdays. I was thrown back to my college days this morning when I heard an old song, so the memories came flooding back.
Most of you know that I went to Calvary Bible College. It's a VERY small college. When I graduated, there were only like 55-60 graduates that year. I loved this fact-it allowed for some great friendships to develop of which most of them are still intact to this day. My freshman year-second semester I wanted a new job. I had been working in the college library and it wasn't working for me. Leesha & quiet do not mix, so the job hunt began. I had become good friends with Esther & Joanna and we all wanted to go to work together somewhere. Esther had worked at Tippin's in Independence and there was a location closer to our school up by the Bannister Mall. So, she put in for a transfer, and we applied and got hired on. We were the first three that started the tradition of many CBC students working there.
Anyway, the restaurant was open until midnight on Fridays and Saturdays which meant we wouldn't get home until 2 A.M. On the way home, since we would all ride together and because Joanna was the only one of us to have a vehicle with them at school, we would rock out to DC Talk. You had to do something that would keep you awake. It was so much fun. This was one of our favorite songs:
Jesus is Still Alright with Me
It just makes me smile and remember all of those fun times when I hear this song.
Another great part of working at Tippin's was that after 2-3 days, the pies that the restaurant was famous for were no longer sell-able. (Is that a word?) So, instead of throwing them in the trash, we got to bring them home. It became a contest when we were partnering up with one of the guys' halls for brother/sister dorms that the guys would fight over who got one of us because they knew that they would get pie every week. HA! We would also leave pie out on the doorstep for the security guys because after we came home, they would double check and make sure the dorm doors were locked.
So, there you have it...one of my favorite memories from college. I hope that I can keep this going for every Wednesday. I close with a picture of the 3 of us together on Chorale Tour. I just love this pic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Ahhhh, good times. :o) Although I gotta admit, I'm really glad my restaurant days are behind me!
ReplyDeleteYes, definitely. But, man does it make me ever critical of my servers now when we go out! I'm so glad we had that fun time together!
ReplyDelete