Yeah for holidays! Memorial Day just isn't honored like it should be. Most people see it as a 3 day weekend to kick off the boating season, open up the pool, do yard work or whatever else. Most people forget that it's a day that we are supposed to honor those who have sacrificed their lives for us and those of our loved ones who have gone on before us.
I really appreciate what Higginsville, MO does at their cemetery. See, there is this tradition of flying Flags in the cemetery. On a breezy day, it's beautiful. Craig's granddad's flag, that was on his casket when he passed away, is one of those flags flying. We would try to find it, but there are over 250 of them, I believe. I hope to get some good pictures of it tomorrow as we go out to the cemetery to decorate the graves of Craig's family.
Today has been an emotionally hard day on me. I was expecting something that I really didn't want and was preparing myself for it, but when it was here...it just plain stunk. I just can't understand the reason why we have been chosen to walk this path. I keep trying to lean on God & remember that He is walking beside us...but I must admit, it's so very hard. I hope one day that the pain will ease, but right now, it's so great and inescapable.
Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!
Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear back from you. Your words help encourage me.