Yesterday, I spent all day down at my brother-in-law & sister's (Aaron & Lori) house to get ready for our 3 day garage sale extravaganza! We have a lot of stuff to get rid of. We were going to have a sale last fall, but because Lori & I were coaching volleyball, that went out the window and we just accumulated a lot more. So, add our stuff together along with mom & dad's and our friend's...we have a virtual store. I already made $85 today in 4 hours, so I'm doing pretty well I would say. =)
Craig is finally going to get the rest of the soybeans planted tomorrow, if the rain holds off. We are hoping for it. He's been repairing and then replacing a tire on the tractor so he's been delay...AGAIN. Oh well, such are the joys of farm life, because there is always something that comes up. Once he gets done with soybeans, he will start mowing hay for all of our cows. And somewhere in there, we will have to sort cattle to take them to auction.
I'm just amazed how much God keeps working in my life, especially. Going through trials sure make you run the gamut of emotions: you're sad, then depressed, then somehow you make it through the valley and start to see the light. I'm so grateful for God's love and His mercy and strength. The more I talk to people about what is going on, the more I see God working in other's lives. It's very encouraging.
Well, I need to get with it and finish cooking supper. The life of a farmwife...we eat supper at 9:30 PM. It's wonderful when you want to watch your weight and you eat so late! Blessings to you all!
Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!
Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear back from you. Your words help encourage me.