Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!

Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!




Sunday, June 6, 2010

The last week in a nutshell

What a varying degree of emotions I had in the past week. Funerals are a time of reflection on someone's life here on this Earth. I have been to funerals where there was hope of seeing that loved one or friend again in Heaven, and funerals where there was absolutely positively no hope...because that person was not a believer. How grateful I am that at my Granny's funeral her life was celebrated, the Gospel was preached...and I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that I will be reunited with her one day in Heaven. But why will I? Because I was good? Because I read my Bible? Because I helped others? Most certainly not. It is because I have put my faith in Jesus Christ and I know that the ONLY way to Heaven is accepting his free gift of salvation. Jesus died on the cross for my sins & for yours...but the question is, do you believe in Him? Do you trust in Him?
It's been a week of stretching and growing. With the death of 2 of my grandparents in 3 weeks time, we have also been going through something else. I have had to realize and remind myself DAILY that God is in control. He sees our hurts, he sees our desires, he sees our tears...it's just hard waiting on Him. But, I'm thankful for those who are praying and who are lifting us up daily...for without those prayers we would be sunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear back from you. Your words help encourage me.