Obviously, since I am a Christian, I enjoy listening to Contemporary Christian Music. I must confess that I also listen to a lot of country music. So, please don't hold that against me. Anyway, I have found a great Christian radio station that is local here in central Missouri. It's called Spirit FM. I'm able to pull in 89.7 from Knob Noster...you know where Whiteman Air Force Base is? It's a lifesaver to me during the day. Each time that I want to get down and I once again start questioning God's control in our life: the right song comes on the radio. I just know that God allows the right song to come on the radio at the right time. The one song that I really love right now is You're Not Alone by Meredith Andrews. Here are the words:
I searched for love, when the night came, and it closed in, I was alone, but you found me, where I was hiding, and now I'll never ever be same, it was the sweetest voice, that called my name saying
You're not alone, For I am here, let me wipe away your every fear, My love I've never left your side, I have seen you through the darkest night, And I'm the one that who's loved you all your life, All of your life
You cry your self to sleep, cause the hurt is real, and the pain cuts deep, all hope seems lost, with heart ache your closest friend, and everyone else long gone, you've had to face the music on your own, but there is a sweeter song that calls you home, saying
You're not alone, For I am here, let me wipe away your every tear, My love I've never left your side, I have seen you through the darkest nights, And I'm the one who's love you all your life, All your life
Faithful and true... Forever, For my love will carry you...
You're not alone, for I... I am here, let me wipe away your every fear... Oh yeah, My love I've never left your side, I have seen you through your darkest night,
Your darkest nights, And I'm the one that's loved you all your life,
All of your life
(here is the video)
Meredith Andrews Video
So, I sang that in my heart last night before I went to bed. I KNOW that I am not alone. I just FEEL all alone. I know that I've mentioned it before: it's a hard place to be in to try and not question why God has brought us down this road. I never ever in my life dreamed that it would be this way. Even though this song was popular a couple of years ago, it was like it was written for me...right now. I have found the music to it and I hope to sing it at church some time. I know there are a lot of people in our church who are going through various trials and I hope that it encourages them as it has encouraged us.
I have been so disappointed by how I/we have been treated by others who just don't know what to say to us. They have never had to experience infertility so it's a foreign concept to them. They say things that to the average Joe may not be unkind, but to an infertile couple...they are the meanest things possible. I've said this before, and I will say it again...I am thankful for the people that God has put in my/our life to be an encouragement to us at this time. I'm never judged by them for my feelings, they pray WITH me (not just for me. You wouldn't think that would make a difference but it does.) I have 2 very close friends who allow me this privilege. I am thankful every day for them. I am thankful for the other ladies who have dealt with infertility as long, longer, or shorter than I. We are in this together and I love them for being there for me. I only hope that I can use this season in our life to one day encourage others. It's a tough road to hoe, and one day we will make it through to the other side...it just seems very overwhelming right now.
So, remember, my friends...you ARE not alone. God WILL see you through. I hope to rejoice when my sorrow is turned to joy.
Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!
Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great song, Leesha!
ReplyDelete