Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!

Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!




Thursday, July 8, 2010

I am a Promise!

As I have had many discussions over the past few days with my awesome husband (who deserves an award for best husband in a supporting role!) and some friends, some things have come to light.  I'm still a work in progress.  Many think that when you become a Child of God, things are just inherently good & you always react the way you should.  Ummm...wrong.  Boy, I wish it were the truth, but alas, it is not.  We react the wrong way, it's a fact of life...we are human after all.  But...what do we do with that reaction?  Do we realize that sometimes it IS wrong?  Do we repeat the action over & over again and decide not to change?

All of this has got me to thinking, and I said to myself...I am a work in progress.  No matter that I've been a Christian for 29 years...God ISN'T finished with me yet.  I have a lot to learn.  It certainly doesn't matter if you have been a born-again believer for 1 day or 90 years...God is forever shaping and molding us.  BUT...only if we let Him and try not to do it on our own power. 

Then...the song popped into my head.  A song that probably a bunch of you know from childhood.  I Am a Promise.  Here are the words:

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be.

I can go anywhere that He wants me to go
I can be anything He wants me to be
I can climb the high mountains
I can cross the wide sea
I'm a great big promise you see!

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I'm a promise to be anything God wants me to be
Anything God wants me to be!

How true that the words of song we learned as a child are appropriate for today.  The only question remains, how long will it be before I let Him work in my life.  Well...I am going to try and start today.  Please God, work in my life...and please no one, give up on me!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great reminder Leesha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's often 'easier' to measure ourselves against a standard of perfection, isn't it? We can toss the whole lot because we never seem to make the cut. It's much harder (and more gentle) to remember the 'good' and work on the bad... here's to learning lessons from a loving God!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you. Your words help encourage me.