No, I'm not going to break out and sing the song made famous by George Jones. I will leave that to the Fox 4 Morning News Crew here in Kansas City!
But, goodness...thank God it IS Friday! Tomorrow, Craig & I leave for vacation to Branson! Yee haw! We are going to be staying at a different resort this time, instead of the one where we own at. We plan on doing some walking, hiking, exploring or whatever around Table Rock Lake. I don't think we will boat or anything like that, but there is plenty of other stuff to do down there. I'm sure we will also go to Silver Dollar City a couple of days-since we have season passes. I don't know what shows we will see, but we are probably going to go to the Dixie Stampede. I've been there for the Christmas show, but never the regular show. Craig has never ever been. Have any of you? You get a meal with the show and all of your food is edible without using ANY utensils. In fact...you don't get any to start off with. I'm looking forward to it.
Last night, I gave into my obsession of collecting Longaberger baskets and went to an auction. I restrained myself quite well. But, I did get 5 new baskets...and some pottery that Longaberger makes. They are all really cute! They also had some Party-lite candle holders and I broke down and bought 2 of those for $5 each! I love a good bargain and not having to pay full price.
Tomorrow is 9/11. It is really hard to believe that it was 9 years ago that the attacks on American took place. I remember what I was doing...I was already at work and someone came running to say that a plane had hit the WTC. Then we heard that the second plane had hit. One of the managers got the TV out and we watched TV for the rest of the day. I don't think the phone rang in the entire office except for 2 times. I only know that I got one phone call from a guy complaining about his claim not being settled that I had just gotten the day before. I remember coming home and sitting in line for gas at the gas station-not because of fear but because I was completely empty. It's so sad that the day ever had to happen. It kind of saddens me that many of the people here in the U.S. these days don't want to be patriotic and they don't want to support our troops. Since we have numerous family members & friends who have or are serving, it just infuriates me. Our nation has seriously become a sad state of existence. It really scares me to think about where we are headed...but that is a debate for another day, so I will get off of my soapbox.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Maybe I'll be blogging next week...maybe not. I'm devoting most of my time to my husband; and he is to me. I'm just glad we have each other.
Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!
Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!
Friday, September 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I know.... I can't believe it has been 9 years already. Brian & I were newlyweds (had only been married 3 weeks). We ended up getting our yellow lab puppy a few days later because we needed something cheery.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time with your hubby! :-)
Just wanted to say - love the new look of the blog!!!
ReplyDelete