Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!

Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!




Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First post of the New Year: 2011

So, umm...I have dropped the ball and missed the first 4 days of the new year, and here it is the end of the 5th day of the year.

Not too much exciting going on that's for sure.

Saturday-after ringing in 2011 watching Back to the Future Part III (which I have seen an umpteen bazillion times and Craig has NEVER seen-what's up with that?), we slept in until 9.  Then we got up and got to working around the house.  I managed to clean up one half of my 1/3 of the basement.  Craig worked on his side and rigged up some lights controlled by a remote.  He's pretty proud of himself.  The remote is held up on the pole with baling wire.  Gotta love being married to the farmer.  We use more baling wire than duct tape!  I managed to find some goodies while cleaning up and more than a few dead bugs.  Thank goodness for the shop vac! 








Now, we are on to doing our taxes for last year.  The joys of self-employment?  You have to have your taxes done by February 28th.  No rest for the weary.  So, I'm inputting all of Craig's receipts for the whole year.  It's lots of fun!

Here is my plug for an awesome way to do your taxes.  TurboTax.  I always used to have help getting my taxes done from one of my college professors.  Even after I graduated, he allowed me to come back and get them done for free.  After I got married, it was a whole different story. 

There are so many deductions, expenses, and other things that I think a person would go crazy if they didn't have some way of keeping track of them.

Needless to say, for the first time last year, I did our taxes all by my little self!  I was so excited to get them done.  Hopefully, I can get them done by the end of this month and not wait until the last week of February like last year.  tee hee.

We are considering going to a gun show this weekend.  It depends if we decide staying home and working around the house would be more fun.  I think it would be kind of fun.  After all, since I hold a Bass Pro Rewards membership-I was sent an offer to be a card carrying member of the N.R.A.  Craig didn't get it, but I did.  Figure that one out!

I hope you have had a great first couple of days to the new year.  I'm just hoping it gets better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear back from you. Your words help encourage me.