My faithful followers and "some-timer's" probably wonder what in the world has happened to me.
I was on a break. (Doesn't that sound so Ross & Rachel-esque?)
Part of it was I just needed to take a break, and part of it was---where did the time go? Holy cow, I don't know! I was finishing up our taxes which had to be done by Feburary 28th due to the joys of self-employment. I am happy to report that they got done!
The taking a break part-I don't know, I just needed to "detox" myself. We have been through a LOT in the last several years and I think all of it was just taking a toll. We have seen a lot of loved ones die, we put Craig's mom in the nursing home, and we have been battling this infertility thing for several years. I was emotionally and physically exhausted.
I guess I will sound selfish-but I needed some me and Craig only time. We just spent time around home working on our taxes, organizing our basement, going to some auctions, going antiquing, and out to eat. Thank goodness for all of those free meals and gift cards!
But, I'm thankful for it. I'm back to the place where I can find joy in our trials. It's hard...so very hard to do that when you just want to scream and cry and punch something. Now, don't think for a moment that I don't have those times when I do cry-because I do; we do. But, God is molding me/us and is shaping us. Granted, I don't like going through the fire and being pressed in on every side-I would trade it in a hearbeat. But, these trials have taught me a lot.
I'll probably expound on them in later posts, because if I did it tonight, I think I would be here all evening. Besides, each point is a good one.
So, I just wanted to let you all know, I am still alive and kicking. And in some ways, I am doing better.
Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!
Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad you're back! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad to "see" you around again and that you are finding a refreshed sense of joy in the journey again :-)
ReplyDeleteHugs!