Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!

Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!




Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Prayers needed for my Mother-in-law

I can't believe that it's been almost two months since I've blogged.

Goodness...I'm a neglecter of all things bloggie.                                    

Well, I have no excuse other than to say I have forgotten.

Things are still the same ole status quo.  God is still working on me-my heart, my attitude mainly.  It's hard to find joy in the midst of the circumstances-but when I do find the positive in the (very) negative...it helps. 

I will address our infertilty battle in another blog post in the coming days.  Just please keep praying for us-every day is a day I have to remind myself that God is in control and He has not forgotten about us.

Right now-there are greater issues and sadder issues on our plate.

On Friday, May 6, Craig received a phone call from his mom's doctor.  They had found a lump in her breast and all signs points to that it is cancerous. 

Swift kick in the leg #1.  This is something we really never considered happening. 

We saw her the Tuesday after Easter (April 26th) and she was doing splendidly.  She was alert and talkative. Within that next 10 days-her behavior changed.  She started sleeping a lot more.  She went from sleeping 3-4 hours a night to sleeping through the night and taking long naps.  She also started not wanting to eat.

So that first weekend-we spent 3 days in a row there.  It was amazing the change in her.  She has lost so much weight over the past few months.  She is sleeping really hard when we are there.  It's sad.

Swift kick in the leg #2.  The doctor wanted her to go under hospice care.

Ummm...wow.  Again, we weren't prepared for this. 

We got that set up on May 9th.  Let me say that the hospice people are awesome.  They are so caring and concerned with not only my mother-in-law; but for us.  It's great to know that we have people taking good care of her and making her comfortable. 

We have been up several times to visit her in the last 4 weeks.  There have been only a couple of good days (this past Saturday) and many more "bad" days.  But, we are thankful for the days we have to spend with her.


Craig, Katherine, Leesha
 So, please just pray for her.  We have no time table at all.  It could be 2 months, 4 months, 6 months, a year. Who knows?  Only God knows.  Right after we were first married and she had her surgery to remove her brain tumors, she and I talked a lot about God.  We know where she stands-she trusted in Christ for her salvation.  So-we are thankful for that reassurance.  She's 86 1/2 and she's lived a wonderful, yet hard, life.  She's went through the Great Depression, WWII, and God only knows what else.

Please pray for Craig.  He lived with his mom and helped take care of her and the farm after Craig's dad died in 1995.  They are close.  Pray for good visits that we have to remember her by.  Katherine & I are birthday buddies.  Mine is October 7th and she is October 8th.  We always give Craig a hard time about spoiling the two most important women in his life.  He usually succumbs to the pressure with some ice cream. 

Pray for the Nursing Home workers and the Hospice Workers.  They all love her.  No one has ever said anything bad about her.  This will be hard on them, too, to watch her decline.

Thanks for letting me share this.  God has brought us to this, along with everything else going on, and He will bring us through it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Leesha...cancer stinks. There are lots of other words I'd like to say, but won't.
    Know that we'll be praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about this sad time.

    I hope that you are able to find many blessings in this time and that she is comfortable and at peace.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear back from you. Your words help encourage me.