I guess I have a little theme going here...passages of Scripture from the Psalms. Psalms=balm (to my heart).
You know, as you read the Psalms, a lot of them were written by King David. Talk about someone who went through a lot. His best buddy's dad was out to kill him! I couldn't imagine that. That would be horrid. But through the tests and trials, David found it in his heart to praise God over and over again. So, that's what I am trying to do.
Psalm 27 pretty much sums up what I'm feeling. Read it if you get a chance. Pastor Jeremy read this Scripture Sunday morning and it just hit home. I had read it before (a lot) but when the words were spoken aloud...wow. I was overcome with emotion (in fact, I had to excuse myself from the sanctuary).
Here we are, another failed month. I weep with the sadness of knowing that we failed to get pregnant again. I hate being in this pit of despair. I hate questioning (I know I've said that before, but I REALLY do hate questioning) why God is allowing this. I am trying. The only reason I am trying is because I know God still loves us. He's never stopped loving us. Wow...what did I do to deserve that type of love? If I stop and listen, I can hear that loving voice saying that I am loved. So, maybe I should just shut up some more and focus on that. Easier said than done, that's for sure. But, nonetheless, I will try.
On another note: it's going to be a CRAZY busy week! Craig is finally able to get some hay done. He's mowing today, baling tomorrow & the next day. He also has to replant some soybeans that got washed out with our torrential rains the last couple of weeks. Saturday is a friend's wedding: Florina. We all lived together before Craig & I were married. I am one of the bridesmaids. Thursday & Friday will be busy with decorating and all the pre-wedding stuff! Pray for Dan & Florina as they begin their life together. Exciting times!
Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!
Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear back from you. Your words help encourage me.