I have a confession.
It is hard to be hopeful anymore.
But yet, somewhere deep inside of me, I know that I have to be. Or else I would sink into a pit of depression and despair so deep that it would consume every aspect of my life.
Oh, my friend, so much easier said than done.
I was telling Craig the other night (as we were on our way home from celebrating his birthday...all by ourselves) that it's just hard to accept that right now there are no kids in our lives.
I long for that day when I can teach our child to root for Tony Stewart, Carl Edwards, Clint Bowyer and yell BOOOOO at Jimmie Johnson.
I long for that day when Craig can take our child out on a tractor ride.
I long for that day when our dogs come and lick our child to death and there are those happy little giggles squealing, "Chuggie! You my doggie!"
It has been a very rough week coming off of another failed cycle/month. This coupled with the actual timing of it.
It has been 4 years since we wanted to expand our family. (Not start. Our family started on March 19, 2005.) We had some roadblocks at the beginning that were not of our choosing that put the plans on temporary hold, but nonetheless---4 years.
I don't know how other couples have made it longer than this. Well, maybe I do. It's a little thing called grace & God's strength.
Can you just pray for us? This is just hard to accept right now and we need strength.
But most of all, we need compassion. Not advice, just compassion. A simple hug and a shoulder to cry on mean the world. Not only to us, but to anyone in our shoes. Or anyone going through anything that is a trial. After all, that is what we should all do-be there for one another instead of running away.
Until hope returns, we'll just keep pressing on and remembering that God still loves us and He hasn't forgotten us.
Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!
Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Will do..remember Jeremiah 29:11...and 2 Corinthian's 9...God has plans for you and He will never give you more than you can handle!
ReplyDeleteOkay, no advice from me... just hugs and compassion. I do have to tell you I have prayed and will pray for you both.
ReplyDeleteOH, Leesha...my heart hurts with you. If KC wasn't 3-ish hours away, I'd come over & give you a hug & a box of kleenex. : )
ReplyDeleteLove & prayers!
Sometimes hope sucks. I'd rather live with it than without it, but it's elusive. Especially on this road we're on. I love you SO very much, my friend. I hate that you are living this reality.
ReplyDeleteLove you my friend.
ReplyDeleteHugs sweetie.
ReplyDeleteas I attempt to imagine what you might be feeling my eyes fill with tears. I am so sorry. I don't know why God places such heart-wrenching obstacles in our lives other than to demonstrate who He is and that His grace and love and compassion is sufficient. I pray for you today. I pray for grace and peace. I pray for your aching heart. I pray that you find the comfort and support that you need. Thank you for sharing your struggles. It is a blessing.
ReplyDeletePraying friend.
ReplyDelete*hugs*
ReplyDeleteI just gave you a blog award. :)
http://infertileinafertileworld.wordpress.com/
Ugh :( You have been on my heart and mind a lot lately. ((Leesha))
ReplyDeleteI won't pretend to understand your pain but i will pray for you! Thanks for putting your heart out there!
ReplyDelete