What happened to the weekend? I lost it somewhere. If you find it, please return ASAP!
It was a fun weekend and one that I needed for emotional strengthening. Craig & I made a trip up to the city-okay-Kansas City for all you who have no clue what I'm talking about-last Friday. We had a fun day shopping because we were looking for a new laptop since our other one went kaput with the screen. We found out that HP has a class action lawsuit against them for the failure we are experiencing. Isn't that fun?
Anyway-we got our new laptop and then Saturday-lo and behold-the old one starts working again. So, now it is fun for us to both be on the computer at the same time. Saturday was a great day of just spending time with Craig and relaxing.
Sunday-after church-I met up with some of my HP friends from the Kansas City area. We had a fun time of shopping out at the Legends Shopping Center and then we sat and vegetated awhile at a bakery enjoying cookies, brownies, danishes, and creme horns. I have mentioned before, but I am SOOOOOO thankful for HP and the gals I have met either IRL or just online from there. These ladies are so supportive and so understanding of the pain that I face daily-because they are experiencing the same thing.
My heart is still very heavy and only getting worse as each day, week, month, and year passes. I know I have said this before-but it becomes harder to press on when people repeatedly treat you like you are diseased. They leave you out, they talk about you behind your back, they don't listen to your hurts and they have no idea what to say or what to do when you tell them what is going on. Nothing sucks more than people just telling you that you don't have enough faith or them telling you that you should just be happy. I just keep praying that things will change-not just to have a child-but that people's eyes would be open on how to be sensitive to others in this situation. As I have said before-if a person has cancer-you don't just ignore them because you don't have cancer. You reach out to them and support them and love them. It would be one thing to go through Infertility with true genuine IRL support, but when you don't have it, the problem is magnified twenty-fold.
It's hard to walk a mile in these shoes-but I'm glad for the new friends that have been brought into my life and for the deepening of my relationship with my awesome husband.
Farm Livin' Is the Life for Us!
Howdy! Welcome to our blog! After 7 1/2 years of marriage and dealing with infertility for 5 1/2 years of that time, we finally became parents through the miracle of adoption! We keep busy owning and operating our own farm while Leesha also works as a CSR/Insurance Agent for a local Agency. We truly enjoy being parents to our precious little boy, Jace. A typical post might include some new crazy antic that Jace has learned, or something that is on my heart, or whatever comes to mind that day. Thanks for stopping by!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a good weekend! Glad you have a great support system around you! Hope you have a great week!
ReplyDelete